From the Publisher…
This issue is about gratitude—one of the highest spiritual practices because gratitude is closely aligned with love.
Many people express gratitude outwardly, but the real expression of appreciation is not in words but from within. This kind of inner appreciation, which is a feeling of love, is tantamount to attuning yourself to the Divine. Think of your own experience when someone does something for you that you really appreciate. More important than just saying “Thank you,” is the feeling of love going out to that person that creates a link between the two of you.
It’s easy to be grateful for the things we perceive as “good,” so we’ll focus on finding the “Lessons and Blessings” in everything, even the most challenging or tragic. This doesn’t mean we don’t feel normal human emotions, but that we learn to step outside the drama and see what’s happening from a higher perspective.
The capacity to feel grateful is a mark of spiritual refinement. It’s a step on our journey toward superconsciousness that we talked about in the last issue. Fortunately our capacity for gratitude can be developed, and in this issue we offer some practical, effective tools and techniques for doing just that.
- Your Grateful Heart – How to Live with Self-Acceptance, Contentment & Joy
- Grace and gratitude are spiritual forces that move us forward. They guide us, and we can learn to call on this energy. We realize we are never alone. We can get out of our own way and make room for the blessings in our life to flow.
- Editor's Note – Welcome from Nayaswami Kamala
- Gratitude: Affirmation and Prayer
- Gratitude is a way of returning energy for energy received. Only a thief takes without paying for what he gets.
- Bummers into Blessings
- Have you ever noticed how often a challenge contains a blessing in disguise? Nothing is an accident.
- Video: Stop! Look! Go! – A Recipe for Grateful Living
- A beautiful conversation between Brother David Steindl-Rast and Jack Kornfield about the spiritual life.
- How To Have God as Your Child's Best Friend
- Amy's relationship is very different. God really is her best friend and she treats Him that way.
- Family Gatherings – The Ultimate Mindfulness Training Ground
- Video: Nature. Beauty. Gratitude.
- 5 Lenses That Will Shift Your Mood from Pissed To Blissed by Bob Sima, The Transformational Troubadour
- Being Real – Can the personality help us on the spiritual path?
- I Want to Pour the Scent of Gratefulness by Paramhansa Yogananda