From the Publisher…
The spiritual life is all about consciousness. So it’s very important to understand our three levels of consciousness and to have some practical, effective tools and techniques for working with them.
This issue begins a series about Superconscious Living which is an extremely interesting system for approaching the spiritual life in a way that can be applied to every aspect of our lives.
In this issue we focus on understanding the three levels of consciousness, developing awareness, and changing subconscious habits of thought, action, expectation, and self-definition. With our various techniques, we infuse positive energy into the subconscious mind to begin to turn it into an ally in the quest for superconsciousness.
I have found these concepts and tools extremely helpful for my own spiritual growth. And so I want to share them with you in the hope that they help you too.
- 3 Levels of Consciousness – Where Does Your Creativity Come From?
- We all have three levels of awareness: conscious, subconscious, and superconscious. The whole spiritual life is a process of learning how to live superconsciously.
- Editor’s Note – Welcome from Nayaswami Kamala
- How to Outwit Your Subconscious Mind
- Just as the lotus flower rises out of the mud towards the light, so we, too, must rise out of our subconscious habits in order to reach our full divine potential.
- Introspection means to behold oneself from a center of inner calmness, without the slightest mental bias, open to what may be wrong in oneself-not excusing it, but not condemning, either.
- Where Is Your Energy? – The “3 Gunas” Worksheet
- A powerful, proven technique for increasing your awareness is to look at everything in your life in terms of the three universal qualities-gunas, in Sanskrit.
- “Consciousness” – Video of a Seminar with Nayaswami Asha
- Don't you often feel caught in the middle between aspiration and inability to change? Free yourself from subconscious habits and experience a higher state of awareness.
- My Pursuit of the Art of Living
- Video: A Simple Meditation Technique
- A Curious Experience
- I am Dreaming, while I think that I am Awake by Paramhansa Yogananda