From the Publisher…
Change is not so much about resolutions as about creativity and passion. We need to find our “ikigai,” our reason for being.
- How to Be a Divine Sculptor: Spiritual lessons from Michelangelo
- There is much spiritually to be learned from one of the most famous of all sculptures, Michelangelo’s “David.” Here are a few techniques and attitudes that will help you resolve to conquer the Goliath of the spiritual path.
- How to Get Good at Dealing with Massive Change
- Most of us dislike and resist change because we feel overwhelmed and distressed. But what if we could get good at dealing with all kinds of changes? Leo Babauta reveals some ways to train in shifting in the middle of change, uncertainty and discomfort?
- How to Start Meditating
- Most of the techniques of meditation, modern and ancient, have a certain merit and we should find the method we feel suits us best. However, certain basic aspects of meditation will facilitate the journey inwards.
- How To Use The Power Of The Akashic Records To Create Your Best Year Yet
- Have you ever wished for a road map to help navigate some of the questions and challenges we all face in life? Jennifer Longmore explains how you can utilize the Akashic Records to access limitless divine guidance and healing.
- The Heart Chakra: An Emotional Turning Point
- In the Heart Chakra, we either let our life-force be diverted outward into harmful emotions or we can move that energy joyfully inward, into devotion, unconditional love, and compassion. Nayaswami Savitri talks about how to work with this chakra.
- The Key to Spiritual Awakening
- We all have many types of spiritual experiences from the subtle to the dramatic. Bruce Davis takes us beyond the activity itself into the common essence of a true spiritual awakening.
- Success: Affirmation and Prayer for Self-Healing
- Use this deep insight into the spiritual quality of “Success,” affirmation and prayer by Swami Kriyananda to find what we really want.
- Deconstructing Creativity: The 4 Roles You Need to Play to be Fully Creative
- Do you want to not only have wild ideas, but to actually create and bring remarkable things to life? An effective creative process requires four distinct roles in which you play different characters, with different mindsets and skills.
- Better Breathing in Meditation & Pranayama
- In this video, Nayaswami Gyandev shares a few simple ways to improve your practice of meditation or pranayama by making your breathing smoother, easier, more natural, and deeper.
- Are the Struggles of Life Getting to You?
- Try this guided affirmation by Paramhansa Yogananda. In this short video, Mary Kretzmann demonstrates the most effective method of using an affirmation for healing body, mind and soul.
- The Noble New
- The White Light Kirtan Band performs this inspiring song about creativity in our spiritual life. “Sing songs that none have sung, Think thoughts that ne’er in brain have rung, Walk in paths that none have trod, Weep tears as none have shed for God, …”
- Awakening with Reiki: A New Year’s Letter to My Lightworker Friends
- As we look ahead, surveying the landscape of our lives—wishing, hoping, and dreaming—Anya Light encourages us to cultivate a gentle trust inside our hearts.
- From an Engineering Perspective: Understanding Karma The Energy Way
- This is a different take on a difficult subject. Marcel van Heijzen combines his professional background with his spiritual life to study karma from an engineering point of view.
In every issue
- Poet’s Corner: From The Chrysalis: A Poem by Emily Dickinson
- In this concise and compelling poem, Emily Dickinson uses images of the butterfly to capture the meaning and emotion of our human experience of change.
- Wisdom Story: A Tale of Two Butterflies
- Discouragement and moods are two obstacles that often assail us on the spiritual path. Nayaswami Devi once dejectedly asked, “Why does God make life so hard?” She tells a couple of stories illustrating the impersonal and wise answer she received.
- Wisdom Story: No! No! NO! I don’t want to change. It is just not me!
- My Rabbi friend shares two stories showing how our current baggage of self-identies keeps us from being our best self.
- Wisdom Story: Unconditional Love—A Zen Story
- All the monks complained about a brother who was a thief. This story reveals the higher approach taken by the Zen master, Bankei.
- Inspiring Quotes to Ponder
- Closing Blessing