A healthy body is a great aid to progress on the spiritual path.
Affirmations work directly on the subconscious mind to change the thoughts that don’t serve you into ones that do. They are one of our most powerful tools for healing the body, mind, heart, and spirit.
You can use these 31 daily affirmations as a focus to understand and strengthen your health—both of body and soul.
- This day I will strive with all my might and determination to deepen my God contact in meditation.
- Today I will actually meditate deeper and deeper until I can feel the presence of God.
- Today I will try to eat the right kind of food in order that I may feel the vigor of vitality in me.
- Today I will walk and exercise with deep concentration, so that I may revive the vitality of vibrant youthfulness.
- Today I will rise above the consciousness of food and know that I live by the pure peace of Silence. I will feed my Soul constantly with the Divine Manna of Peace.
- I will feed my Soul with wisdom thoughts from all Scriptures.
- I make a solemn resolution not to be angry, no matter how I am provoked.
- I will unceasingly give understanding love to those who feel wrathful toward me.
- I will remove the misunderstanding and wrath of people by showing in action my forgiving love for them.
- No matter if I doubt Truth, I will never cease to perform peace-giving good actions every day of my life.
- I shall wipe away all unkindness from my Soul because I do not like it in others.
- Wherever I go, I shall drive away the darkness of melancholy with the light of my cheer.
- Wherever I go, I will burn the roots of depression from the minds of people with the thoughts of our Heavenly Father’s Infinite Abundance.
- God is my Father. I am His child, whether rich or poor. When I shall know Him as mine in meditation, then I shall have everything that He has.
- Thou has tempted me to seek Thee in the voice of the nightingale. Thou hast cast the beauty glance of thy all-alluring love through the countless starry eyes of the planets. Thou hast wept silver tears through the large eyes of Sun and Moon to make me feel that Thou dost love me in spite of my indifference to Thee.
- Since no earthly engagement is possible without using the powers borrowed from Thee, I will not hesitate to renounce anything instantly which interferes with my engagement to meditate with Thee in daily awakened Silence.
- Heavenly Father, Thou art mine. I am Thy child, and as such I need Thy forgiveness and continuous guidance in all my activities.
- I shall meditate deeper and longer every day until I find the Soul-satisfying Joy-contact of God.
- I will not concentrate upon the thought of sleep when I meditate deeply in the temple of night, waiting for Thy communion.
- Since all things come from Thee, I will love Thee first and foremost—more than all things.
- I will not forget that my highest and most important engagement is with Thee, My Father, in daily deep Silence.
- Thou art my best Father, my most loving Mother, my dearest Beloved and Friend, for it is the taste of Thy love eagerly flowing through human hearts which started me on the way to find complete perfect love in Thee.
- At last I know it is Thou who hast coaxed me to follow the trail of fragrance to find Thee hidden in the secret temple of blossoms.
- Now I know it was Thou who gavest me a glimpse of Thy love in the love of those near me.
- Through the love of friends Thou hast opened the portals to the temple of Thy Omnipresent Love.
- Teach me to make my Will unceasing in its performance until the little light of my Will burns as the Cosmic Blaze of Thy all-powerful Will.
- Father, work through my brain, think through my mind, reason through my wisdom, love all Creation through my love.
- Teach me to receive prosperity through Thy hands, and wisdom through Thy Voice of Silence.
- Father, may Thy Infinite Life flow through my life. Play through the broken reed of my joy the song of Thy perfect, ever-new Joy.
- Pull away the starry veil of the blue; tear away the cover of Space , melt away the magic carpet of thoughts, and shut off the diverting motion pictures of life, that I may behold Thee as Thou art. The Christ in me bows to the Christ in all Creation.
- Divine Love is the magnet that draws my highest good to me. As I love to receive the good gifts of God, I freely give that all may share in His blessings.
Affirmations by Paramhansa Yogananda, East-West Magazine, July 1933
To learn all about affirmations—how to create and use them, and some dangers you need to be aware of, check out my article, The Power of Affirmation for Positive Change.